The BID Group of Companies is a North American leader in the design, manufacture and support of World Class equipment, services and turnkey solutions for the solid wood processing, Plastics, and Food & Beverage industries. BID Group serves primarily the North American market and offers the most comprehensive range of products available, producing everything from mechanical equipment and PLCs to optimization systems equipped with digital machine vision technology. The company integrates its products & technology to deliver fully automated production lines. BID Group has over 1500 employees working in our many divisions located around North America.
The Control Engineer is a highly motivated professional working with the Automation Team. As a key member of the team, you will be involved extensively in programming, commissioning, field servicing, maintenance, fine-tuning, and controls upgrades to highly integrated complex electro-mechanical systems. These systems include variable frequency drives, hydraulics, pneumatics, controls devices, vision and scanning systems, and other sub-systems designed and integrated by BID Group. The ability to travel to customer’s sites and form a close working relationship with team members, engineering and project management departments is a must in this role. We empower our people to do their very best, and we strive to create a flexible and fun working environment that will encourage innovation and job satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adhere to and promote company safety standards.
- Programming PLC/HMI systems for different types of industries.
- Assist project teams in on-site system commissioning, building your knowledge and relationship with customers.
- Complete on-site service, fine-tuning, and training of customer personnel.
- Complete timely & thorough service reports, timecards, expense reports, etc.
- Provide remote & over-the-phone troubleshooting service.
- Travel extensively within North America for a few days up to a few weeks at a time.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and foster loyalty to the BID Group.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Have a background and/or education in one of the following: Control systems or electrical engineering, electrical or electronic engineering technology.
- Strong programming and computer skills are an asset. Experience with Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook, FactoryTalk View SE/ME, RS Logix 5000/500/5, and Studio 5000 is beneficial, but training is provided as required.
- Be ready to learn, honest, autonomous, methodical, pay superior attention to detail, and possess excellent communication skills while working in a professional manner with customers, vendors and co-workers.
- Be able to function under pressure and enjoy customer contact, have leadership qualities and enjoy teamwork.
- Preference may be given to those with work experience with sawmill / planer mill equipment.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, climb up to three flights of stairs and lift up to 50 lbs.
We offer a competitive salary and a range of attractive benefits. Every job application is treated confidentially. BID Group US is an EEO employer. If interested in working with us, please send your resume to HR.USA@bidgroup.ca and reference the posting name. Only those candidates whose application meets the qualifications of the position applied will receive a response. Thank you for your interest.
- Fabricator, welder, millwright, machinist, pipe fitter, iron worker, carpenter, electrician;
- Heavy duty mechanic, crane operator, heavy equipment operator, alignment technician;
- Engineer, engineering tech, PLC programmer, mechanical designer/technologist