Electrical Design Engineer/Technologist
Deltech Manufacturing is a North American leader in the design and manufacture of equipment energy production, lumber drying, and power generation. The company primarily serves the North American market. Deltech Manufacturing offers the most comprehensive range of products on the market, producing everything from simple PLC systems, to full turn-key thermal oil heating systems coupled with electrical power generation and/or lumber drying kilns or material dryers. Deltech Manufacturing manufactures equipment to meet the needs of our customers. The company has over 120 employees working out of its divisions located in the Province of British Columbia, namely in Prince George, BC.
Deltech Manufacturing is currently looking for a candidate to fill an Electrical Designer position. Reporting to the Automation Manager, the Electrical Designer will participate in the design of automated systems using technical specifications, plans, and technical drawings in accordance with industry norms and standards.
Roles and responsibilities
- Design and draft automated systems (simple or complex).
- Write technical documents relating to the specifications or installation of a system.
- Ensure that the systems that are sold work in a production environment and meet the expectations of our clients.
- Coordinate with site electrical installers and customer.
- Post-secondary education or Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Electronics, Electrical Engineering or instrumentation engineering program or an equivalent.
- 5 years or more of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of basic electrical systems design and familiarity with the Canadian Electrical Code.
- AutoCad Drafting experience for electrical schematics and layouts.
- Possess leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Possess strong problem solving skills and enjoy challenges.
- Knowledge of basic computer systems.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Have a good knowledge of English, spoken and written.
- Be available to travel to our clients’ location in both Canada and the USA.
You must possess strong communication skills and have demonstrated a capacity for teamwork. You must also have initiative, be autonomous, and demonstrate that you are able to effectively evolve in a constantly changing environment. You enjoy challenges and working with equipment that is on the cutting edge of technology, you want to be part of a dynamic team, and you want to participate in the success of a growing company? We want to hear from you.
Interested candidates who possess the required qualifications can forward their candidacy by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fabricator, welder, millwright, machinist, pipe fitter, iron worker, carpenter, electrician;
- Heavy duty mechanic, crane operator, heavy equipment operator, alignment technician;
- Engineer, engineering tech, PLC programmer, mechanical designer/technologist