BID Group is a North American leader in the design and manufacturing of equipment for wood processing mills. The company primarily serves the North American market, in addition to serving international clients. BID Group offers the most comprehensive range of products on the market. Producing everything from mechanical equipment, PLCs and optimization systems equipped with digital vision scanners. Our products also deliver fully automated production lines. The company has over 1500 employees working in our divisions located across North America.
As a Machinist you will manufacture various mechanical parts, pieces or products using a variety of tools and equipment according to required specifications in a specific area of a production line in a manufacturing organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to understand blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work-pieces, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measure, mark, and scribe dimensions and reference points on material or work-piece as guides for subsequent machining as necessary
- Select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines as necessary.
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as feed, speed, depth and angle of cut or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine controls according to guidelines.
- Start and observe machine to detect malfunctions, and adjust machine as needed.
- Program routine maintenance tasks on machines.
- Maintain communication your supervisor, programmers, and other personnel to ensure that machines are running properly.
- Availability to work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Certification or Associates Degree in Machine Tool Technology or 2+ years related experience
- Exceptional problem-solving skills using rigorous logic and methods to troubleshoot and solve technical problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive compensation plan
- Full time, permanent position (40 hours/week)
- Paid overtime hours
- Health care insurance
- Retirement savings plan
If interested in working with us, please send your resume to email@example.com and reference the posting name. We encourage graduates to apply for this position. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
- Fabricator, welder, millwright, machinist, pipe fitter, iron worker, carpenter, electrician;
- Heavy duty mechanic, crane operator, heavy equipment operator, alignment technician;
- Engineer, engineering tech, PLC programmer, mechanical designer/technologist