Optimization Service Technician
BID Group is a North American leader in the design and manufacturing of equipment for wood processing mills. The company primarily serves the North American market, in addition to serving international clients. BID Group offers the most comprehensive range of products on the market. Producing everything from mechanical equipment, PLCs and optimization systems equipped with digital vision scanners. Our products also deliver fully automated production lines. The company has over 1500 employees working in our divisions located across North America.
The Optimization Service Technician is a highly motivated professional working in the BID Group Service Division. As a key member of the technical team, you will be involved primarily in the servicing, maintaining and fine -tuning of the BID Group Optimization product line of machine vision scanning systems. Most notably the industry leading GradExpert planer mill grade optimizer. The ability to travel extensively to client’s sites and maintain a close working relationship with team members is a must in this role. We empower our people to do their very best and create an environment that will encourage new ideas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adhere to and promote company safety standards.
- Ensure customer satisfaction with system.
- Carry-out scheduled service visits.
- Complete preventative maintenance following checklists and train clients on system
- Fine tune highly integrated scanning systems for customer specific needs.
- Provide remote & over-the-phone troubleshooting service in support of our call center.
- Extensive travel within North America.
- Complete timely & thorough service reports, timecards, expense reports, etc.
- Communicating with vendors, internal contacts and customers
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Have a diploma in one of; computer science, electronic engineering technology, instrumentation engineering technology or related experience.
- Be familiar with computer LAN configuration, real-time operating systems, machine vision digital imaging devices and possess an understanding of pneumatic, hydraulic systems and variable frequency drives (VFD’s) is an asset.
- Be honest, autonomous, and methodical, with superior attention to detail with excellent communication skills while working in a professional manner with clients, vendors, and co-workers.
- Be able to function under pressure, enjoy customer contact, possess leadership qualities and enjoy teamwork. Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation plan and retirement savings plan
- Full time, permanent position (40 hours/week) with paid overtime
- Health care insurance
If interested in working with us, please send your resume to HR.USA@bidgroup.ca and reference the posting name. We encourage graduates to apply for this position. Only those candidates whose application meets the qualifications of the position applied will receive a response. Thank you for your interest.
- Fabricator, welder, millwright, machinist, pipe fitter, iron worker, carpenter, electrician;
- Heavy duty mechanic, crane operator, heavy equipment operator, alignment technician;
- Engineer, engineering tech, PLC programmer, mechanical designer/technologist