Parts Sales – Planer Specialist
The BID Group of Companies is a North American leader in the design, manufacture and support of World Class equipment, services and turnkey solutions for the solid wood processing industry. BID Group serves primarily the North American market and offers the most comprehensive range of products available, producing everything from mechanical equipment and PLCs to optimization systems equipped with digital machine vision technology. The company integrates its products & technology to deliver fully automated production lines. BID Group has over 1500 employees working in our many divisions located around North America.
Under the supervision of the VP of Customer service and aftermarket sales the highly motivated parts sales planer specialist will further develop the parts sales and have sawmill experience in the southern US region.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Grow planer parts, retrofit and service sales in the US South
- Develop relationships and visit key customers in the region
- Measure up assets when required to complete parts/retrofit quote/sale
- Note and load any important information related to the customer in our CRM platform
- Coordinate sales with Miller’s engineers and production
- Write quotes, sales orders and do follow ups on parts and retrofit sales through our ERP
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong mechanical aptitude and knowledge of industrial components used in machine fabrication; the ability to read fabrication drawings & blueprints is required.
- Be honest, autonomous, and methodical, with superior attention to detail and excellent communication skills while working in a professional manner with clients, vendors and co-workers.
- Be able to function under pressure, enjoy customer contact and teamwork
- Analytical mind, attention to detail, rigorous, methodical, self-motivated and driven
- 5 years of head planerman or planerman experience in a Southern planer mill
- Be flexible to travel on a regular basis during a normal work week
- Be available to travel afterhours and measure up assets when mill is down
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive compensation plan
- Full time, permanent position (40 hours/week)
- Paid overtime hours
- Health care insurance
- Retirement savings plan
If interested in working with us, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the posting name. We encourage graduates to apply for this position. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
- Fabricator, welder, millwright, machinist, pipe fitter, iron worker, carpenter, electrician;
- Heavy duty mechanic, crane operator, heavy equipment operator, alignment technician;
- Engineer, engineering tech, PLC programmer, mechanical designer/technologist