BID Group is a North American leader in the design and manufacturing of equipment for wood processing mills. The company primarily serves the North American market, in addition to serving international clients. BID Group offers the most comprehensive range of products on the market. Producing everything from mechanical equipment, PLCs and optimization systems equipped with digital vision scanners. Our products also deliver fully automated production lines. The company has over 1800 employees working in our divisions located across North America.
DelTech is BID’s primary brand of continuous and batch kilns as well as biomass-fueled energy systems. These energy systems supply thermal energy for lumber dry kilns, material dryers, board presses, log conditioning, power generation and plant heating systems. Though they specialize in energy solutions for the forestry sector, DelTech is also an industry leader in pellet plant manufacturing. Creating turnkey systems, DelTech provides start-to-finish solutions for their clients.
We are currently looking for a Project Manager to join our growing and dynamic team. The position is in Prince George, British-Columbia.
The incumbent will work directly with clients to ensure that deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. The project manager will also coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible.
- A degree or certification in Project Management or equivalent experience;
- 1 to 3 years of proven experience as a project manager or similar position;
- Ability to read and understand technical plans;
- Experience with RFQ (Request for quote);
- Solid computer proficiency (Microsoft Office);
- Willing to travel (25%).
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong sense of planning and priorities;
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written);
- Strong business acumen, excellent judgement, and negotiation skills;
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and work under tight deadlines;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Plan, schedule, direct, and control aftermarket projects, mechanical retrofits, controls upgrade, and services for the DelTech Energy brand;
- Handle project administration, including cost control, schedule control, and change order administration;
- Coordinate, internally and with customer, delivery dates for manufactured equipment (internal and outsourced), based on project schedule;
- Negotiate revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with sub-contractors, suppliers, and clients;
- Develop RFQ documents as required for sub-contractors and outsourcing, award purchase orders to successful vendors, hire and supervise the activities of subcontractors and subordinate staff;
- Be responsible for the safe and efficient execution of aftermarket projects, retrofits, services, etc., including the safety of construction and service technicians while on site;
- Prepare and submit progress reports as required.
- Site work and office work combined;
- Travel (25%).
- Flexible schedule;
- Dynamic and growing team;
- Competitive salary;
- Group RRSPs offered;
- And much more!
You like to take on challenges and work with state-of-the-art equipment, you are looking to be part of a dynamic team and you want to participate in the success of a growing business. This opportunity is for you.
We want to hear from you!
Only selected applications will be contacted. We thank you for your interest.
- Fabricator, welder, millwright, machinist, pipe fitter, iron worker, carpenter, electrician;
- Heavy duty mechanic, crane operator, heavy equipment operator, alignment technician;
- Engineer, engineering tech, PLC programmer, mechanical designer/technologist