The PHL chipper-canter is a highly-versatile piece of equipment designed to be added to various sawing line configurations. The chipper-canter can readily be coupled with a piece of sawing equipment, such as a twin saw, quad saw, circular saw, or band saw, or then again, it can be fed straight from one of PHL’s various infeed systems adapted to your requirements.
- Offered with chipping heads of either 18” or 24”
- Conical or modular heads
- Motor-driven heads of at least 100 HP
- Linear setworks with hydraulic movement on each module
- Optional built-in saw
- Completely mounted on a single machined steel base
- Throughput of over 550 fpm
- Displacement on round, automatically-lubricated, chromed rails
- Easy access for maintenance and knife replacement
- Operation with various types of knives
- Optimized, controlled chip evacuation
- Minimum maintenance
PHL infeed systems for canter-chippers can be configured in various ways in order to satisfy client requirements.
- Horizontal rolls on either side of feed chain featuring clockwise or counterclockwise rotation and off-centering
- Model with log turner and step chain infeed system