ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IS CHANGING THE FACE OF OUR INDUSTRY
Artificial Intelligence (AI) has triggered the start of a major revolution in the wood processing industry. AI is here to stay, and you will notice its presence more often in areas like wood grading, robotic applications, identification of operational irregularities on production lines, and automation and optimization decisions.
BID is spearheading this revolution with the most recognized grading solutions in the industry. In fact, the AI-enhanced Comact technologies, combined with our industry-leading optimization software, have proven to be the most powerful and reliable solutions on the market.
Here at BID, we are dedicated to innovation. Stay tuned because our teams are relentlessly pushing the limits of what is possible.
Why is BID’s AI the best?
- An integrated, specialized, visionary, and multidisciplinary team consisting of AI specialists, programmers, engineers, and wood processing specialists, among others
- Fastest ROI in the industry for sawmills, regardless of volume
- Consistent production quality to ensure customer satisfaction
- Peace of mind thanks to our integrated solutions and reliable service team
- Constantly evolving technologies to ensure the best results during the operational lifecycle
- Unsurpassed development velocity and success rate in the industry
Did you know that you can integrate BID’s AI into most existing scanners in your sawmill or planer mill? BID has developed distinct deep learning AI models for softwood and hardwood based on our extensive knowledge of wood fibre types.
YOUR SOFTWOOD GRADING AND DEFECT DETECTION CHALLENGES ARE IDENTIFIED AND OBJECTIVES ARE SET.
AN AI SPECIALIST COLLECTS AND ANALYZES SAMPLES OF YOUR SOFTWOOD.
YOUR SAMPLES ARE INTEGRATED IN DEEP-LEARNING AI MODELS.
AI MODELS ARE CUSTOMIZED FOR YOUR PRODUCTION IN ORDER TO ATTAIN OBJECTIVES.
During production, the AI models predict and detect flaws automatically and seamlessly in the background. It’s that simple.
To learn more about real applications of AI for softwood lumber grading, download the use caseDOWNLOAD THE SOFTWOOD USE CASE
Are you a hardwood board producer? Download this hardwood-specific use case to learn more about the BID difference.DOWNLOAD THE HARDWOOD USE CASE
- User-friendliness: No need for AI-specific knowledge.
- Seamless startup: Our large team of wood specialists and data scientists run an extensive series of pre-startup tests and quality control checks to ensure startup is fast and effortless.
- Customization: AI models are tailored to your fibre types.
- Speed and accuracy: Proprietary custom neural network architectures ensure better accuracy and faster results compared to the generic algorithms used by our competitors.
- Specialization: Each task is assigned a specialized neural network, allowing it to adapt quickly to new or changing conditions.
- Capacity: The system has a throughput of up to 300 boards per minute.
- Versatile: The AI can handle all types of grades including NLGA, NHLA, ALSC, cuttings, house grades, grading faces, and European grades.
“We switched to our current GradExpertTM, which uses AI (deep learning), in July 2019 and the results are incredible. BID Group has provided us with a high-quality system, excellent service, and a professional, highly trained, dedicated group of employees to work with. We are so impressed with our results that we will continue to use/install these systems at all our sites. The AI can adapt to changes in fibre, different species, and wood defects. In my opinion, it is the best investment we’ve made in our planer mill.”
Lee Mason, Planer Manager at Dunkley Lumber Ltd.
YOU WON’T BELIEVE THE QUICK ROI, NO MATTER THE SIZE OF
CURIOUS TO FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN MAXIMIZE YOUR PRODUCTION VALUE EASILY WITH AI?
BID’S AI-ENHANCED SOLUTIONS
- Defect detection for grading (GradExpertTM), trimming (TrimExpertTM), and edging (EdgExpertTM)
- Residual bark detection
- Split detection on logs
- Wood species identification (boards and logs)
- Green-board density separation for optimized wood drying
- Robotic systems
- Smart vision systems for process flow optimization
- And more in development
FIND OUT HOW BID’S AI-ENHANCED SOLUTIONS CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE FOR YOUR MILL.Talk to an expert